EIA & Soils
Delivering understanding of soils, the environment and farming
RAC is regularly instructed by major engineering and environmental businesses, large house builders and other developers to contribute to Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) of developments of all scales and types on agricultural and rural resources; including Agricultural Land Classification (ALC) and soil resource surveys, and land capability (Scotland) surveys. The types of projects in which we are involved include:
- Infrastructure (roads, railways, ports and airports)
- Housing developments
- Mineral extraction
- Energy projects (nuclear, solar, wind, anaerobic digestion)
- Waste management
- Leisure and tourism developments
- Green infrastructure and habitat creation
Take a look at our Specialist Soil page
Our long-term experience of working on these projects ensures that RAC is a market leader in assessing the impact of projects on agricultural businesses, agricultural land and soils, and of agricultural developments on the environment.
In addition to providing specialist input to EIAs for non-agricultural development, we also prepare EIA reports for agricultural development covered by the regulations, including:
- Intensive pig and poultry units
- Large indoor dairy units
- Large slurry lagoons
- Conversion of unimproved or semi-natural grasslands to a more intensive use
Are you interested in this service?
Contact one our experienced specialists to further discuss your needs.