Using our knowledge and experience for your benefit
Reading Agricultural Consultants Ltd (RAC) has more than 50-years’ experience of providing advice on agricultural, environmental and countryside issues. The company grew out of Reading University with lecturers identifying a gap in the market for agricultural litigation and insurance expertise. RAC soon diversified to include soils and rural planning services, expanding to become a market leader in the sector with the consultants based nationwide.
Our consultants’ breadth of expertise enables RAC to provide specialist services on a wide range of agricultural and rural issues. Including, but not restricted to:
- planning advice for farmers, land managers, developers and local authorities on planning advice for all types of agricultural/rural development; from agricultural dwellings to major agricultural engineering projects;
- preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) for agricultural developments, as well as contributing Agricultural Land Classification (ALC) surveys and farm impact assessments to EIAs for housing, minerals, infrastructure and other large scale developments;
- providing technical support in respect of soil, water, nutrients and other aspects of resource use for modern rural businesses;
- working with insurers and loss adjusters to identify causes and losses arising from disease, product failure, accidents and fires;
- providing expert opinion on personal injury, loss of revenue, nuisance, health and safety, farm pollution, animal health and welfare, and soil contamination disputes; and
- undertaking research and provide advice on planning policy; land and water management; access and Rights of Way; reservoirs; agricultural economics; resource use; and ecosystems services.
Our Team of Consultants
The RAC team comprises a unique group of experienced specialists from a wide range of agricultural and environmental backgrounds. This enables us to tailor our services to meet your needs.
Peter W Danks
Dr Stephen Heming
Please click below for detail on the specialisms and experience of our consultants, or feel you have skills to become a member of the team.